Thursday, October 7, 2010

To Each Their Own

The newest episode of glee was fairly emotional as well as thought provoking, which isn't it's usual tune. I thought the writers did a very good job at addressing a controversial topic with religion/spirituality while maintaining an equal balance on point of views. It had a few moments of religious humor where it poked fun, and then moments of genuine heartfelt faith. But mostly I liked how it showed that everyone should get past what they want to hear or don't want to hear and what they want to believe or don't want to believe: we should be able to show love and support to each other in our own desired ways. No one is 100% sure how we came to be, so don't be arrogant by thinking you are the one person in the entire world who has it exactly right. Neither has the right to lecture one another, more importantly be open and respectful of each others' beliefs.

What I believe is in no way harmful to others and is a part of who I am. Our country screams at the top of its lungs for equality and fights against discrimination. I have never discriminated against those who don't share my beliefs and I expect the same treatment. You can't take my faith from me, and I won't push my faith on you. I am a better person for what I believe, and honestly if for some reason I'm wrong... I didn't lose anything. Both sides of the argument can be argued with facts, but what I can't get past is the complexity of what we feel? experiencing miracles? the power and stretch of love? the perfect setup of our world? the founding of right vs wrong and human nature?

It's all so fascinating. God is good.

To each their own. We should be valued for who we are and what we do, not what we believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment